How to Apply
Bean Award applications are available via the American Osler Society Website beginning in November.
Applications must be submitted before the following March 1 to be eligible for that calendar year.
Applications must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a currently matriculated student in an accredited medical or osteopathic school in the United States or Canada.
- There must be only one applicant per application.
- The proposal must address medical history or the use of literature and the arts to improve medical practice. While important, we are not seeking projects confined to medical ethics.
- Projects can be either literature research or active studies in medical education and practice.
- The project must be completed before the applicant receives their medical degree, although the required final report may be completed within a year following degree completion.
Ready to apply?